Home > Call for Abstracts > Submission Guidelines
Please use the following instructions when preparing your abstract for submission to The Liver Week 2017.
Abstract Submission Process
- All abstracts must be submitted online viaThe Liver Week 2017 website using the online submission form.
*NOTE: Abstracts submitted by email, facsimile or post will not be accepted.
- The author submitting the abstract must be the presenting author. The presenting author must register for the symposium during the period of pre-registration.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English, including the title, abstract text, author names, affiliations, tables, and graphs.
- Authors are strongly advised to ensure the accuracy of the submitted abstracts.
*NOTE: Any mistakes in literature or in scientific facts will be published as what is typed.
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent to the presenting author along with instructions on the preparation of oral or poster presentation.
- Corresponding Author’s Contact Details: E-mail address and phone number
- Name(s) of Presenting Author and Co-authors: First name(s) or initials of first name(s), family name (e.g. Sam Lee or S. Lee)
- Affiliation Details of All Authors: Department, institution/hospital, city, and country
- Affiliation(s) should be annotated by superscript numbers.
- Abstract must be typed in English with the body limited with 300 words.
- Abstract Title: Limited to 20 words (First letter of each word in uppercase, except for articles, prepositions, and conjunctions.)
- An acceptable structure of an abstract must consist of the following components:
- Background/Aim: A statement of the hypothesis or research question
- Methods: An explanation of the study design and experimental methods used
- Results: A concise summary of the major findings of the experiment or study
- Sufficient data must be provided to permit evaluation by the reviewers and public reading the
- abstract. Statements such as “The data will be discussed“ are not acceptable.
- Conclusion(s): Summary of the overall findings and the importance of the study
- The submitter is allowed to upload one table, one graph or one image only.
- The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB.
- You may upload graphs in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
Notification of Acceptance
- The abstract acceptance will be notified to the presenting/corresponding author by email and symposium website on May 12, 2017.
- All abstracts will be assessed by the scientific committee and assigned to the appropriate session for oral or poster presentation.
- The author submitting the abstract must be the presenting author, and the presenting author should attend the symposium and register via online during the pre-registration period.
Abstract Modification or Withdrawal
- Presenting authors may modify or withdraw the submitted abstract by the submission Deadline.